Archive for February, 2011
The 2011 Memphis ADDY Awards were announced Saturday night at Minglewood Hall.
- Memphis Ad Fed received approximately 500 entries.
- The judges awarded 54 Gold ADDYs and 69 Silver ADDYs to 19 ad agencies and businesses.
- 13 Gold Awards were for Self-Promotion work.
- 19 Gold Awards were for Elements of Advertising – 16 of those being illustrations.
- No Gold Awards for print ads, television ads or radio ads.
- Best of and Special Awards went to Harvest, Oden & Memphis Chamber.
- This year’s Silver Medal Award Winner is Dr. Richard Ranta, Dean of the College of Communications at the University of Memphis.
And the winners are:
|2011 Memphis ADDY Winners|
|Agency / Company||Gold Awards||Silver Awards||Best & Special Awards|
|Live From Memphis||0||2|
|Tom Martin Design||0||1|
Tags: 2011, AAF, Ad Fed, ADDY Awards, ADDYs, advertising, archer>malmo, Awards, Combustion, CS2, Dr. Richard Ranta, Greater Memphis Chamber, Harvest, Memphis, ODEN, Perdue Creative, Silver Medal, Tactical Magic, winner
(photo by Charlie Riedel)
Super Bowl XLV on February 6, 2011 ended with the Green Bay Packers beating the Pittsburgh Steelers, 31 – 25.
According to TV by the Numbers, FOX scored a 47.9 household rating and 71 share with the broadcast of Super Bowl XLV beating last year’s ratings on CBS of a 46.4 household rating and 68 share.
In Memphis, the preliminary Nielsen overnight ratings show the local FOX affiliate WHBQ tying the Super Bowl ratings last year on WREG/CBS with a 47.7 household rating and a 65 share.
Below is the trending for the Super Bowl game broadcasts over the past 4 years.
|Year||Network||Rtg / Sh||Rtg / Sh|
|2011||FOX||47.9 / 71||47.7 / 65|
|2010||CBS||46.4 / 68||47.7 / 65|
|2009||NBC||42.1 / 65||46.3 / 63|
|2008||FOX||44.7 / 66||47.8 / 62|
So many websites now make the Super Bowl commercials available online. Just goes to show that advertising in the national broadcast of the Super Bowl extends exposure for weeks after the initial airing.
The local Super Bowl affiliates should offer their local clients the same opportunity by posting the local commercials that aired in the Super Bowl on their companion websites. I did not have an advertiser in this year, but it would be a terrific selling point for the potential advertisers.
Tags: 2011 Super Bowl, advertising, audience, commercials, facts, figures, FOX, media, media buying, Memphis, most watched, Nielsen, Ratings, Super Bowl, Super Bowl Commercials, Super Bowl XLV, Television, TV, viewership, WHBQ